The Road Maintenance Department hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. The office is scheduled to be closed on the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Holiday and Christmas Holiday.
The Road Maintenance Department maintains 33 miles of roadway in Jefferson Township and they do a variety of jobs, such as:
• Repair and service of township roads and culverts
• Maintain and repair township buildings
• Maintain (mow) township owned cemeteries
Each year the Trustees review all Township roads and decide which roads will need re-paving and/or culverts replaced. Maintaining Township road culverts are an important part of keeping township roads in good operating condition. Each year the Township replaces a number of “old metal” culvert pipes with new heavy duty corrugated plastic pipe that will not rust out and which will hold up to the weight of dirt, road surface, and traffic for many years.
Snow removal is a difficult time consuming task when taking in the factors of erratic weather, road surface/air temperatures, drifting snow, etc. The Road Department continually monitors the weather forecast and ensures that personnel are promptly dispatched for snow removal activities. Every effort is made to ensure that all township roads are plowed and salted in a timely fashion. We ask that everyone be especially careful and courteous when driving near salt trucks and snowplows.
• Do not pass a snow plow
• Do not assume the snowplow operator can see you. Every truck has blind spots that reduce side and rear visibility.
• Allow plenty of stopping distance; do not follow to closely. This also reduces the chance of loose materials hitting your vehicle.
• If possible delay non-essential travel until after the roads have been cleared
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.